Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bennie bennie is offline

Default Subentry-Word 2003

Hey!
How do I list more than one subentry in the MARK INDEX ENTRY dialog box? I
used commas and semi-colons between them, and all of the subentries ended up
on one line in the Index, with the page across from them of the first
subentry--even though the other subentries were typed on different pages in
the document, and were indicated as such in the same Index under their
individual Alphabetical listings.
I used the "Classic" format for my Index, so the subentries should have been
listed one-under-the-other, each with their associated page numbers on the
right.
The "Help" Instructions seem to indicate that you can add multiple
subentries at once in the MARK INDEX ENTRY dialog box.
Am I doing something wrong, or do the "Help" Instructions need help?
Thank you,
Bennie
P.S. Please consider doing a "Training Exercise" on Indexes. Your Training
Exercises are very thorough, and quite easy to follow. The formatting of the
"Help" Instructions are for the birds.