Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default What happened to context-sensitive Help in Word 2007?

See http://ribboncustomizer.com/
and
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm

debbie wrote:
Thank you!

Word 2007 is the most confusing set up I've ever seen. The ribbon
sucks and I ican't seem to put together a usable toobar.
What do you do for help if you are not on line? There are places I
have to work where there is no WiFi and no way to hook into the web.

I regret getting this version. Anyone have any ideas help or
custom toolbars? (also the mini toolbar they give has icons so small,
I can't figure out what they are and there is apparently no way to
increase their size)

Help!

Debbie

"GMc" wrote:

If you clicked a Help (?) button in a Word dialog box in 2003 (&
earlier), you would get help for that dialog box, including a
listing of all the options, etc. in the dialog box and what they
were for/how to use, etc. In 2007, many (most) times, clicking the
Help button takes you to a generic "Browse Word Help" page.
Searching for the name of the dialog box or any specific option name
most often yields a ludicrous list of topics.

Is this a bug in 2007, or is Microsoft turning away from context
sensitive help?

--
GMc
Phoenix