Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Disappearing buttons, Word2007

When it was given to you what were the instructions for use? IOW, were you
told it needed to be in a specific folder? Did it have an installation
program? If you can help us with these questions then we should be able to
help you get it working again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello, I'm sorry this took so long. I couldn't figureout how to get
back to where I sent the msesage.

It was a present, we didn't pay anything for it, and we can't call
the man who gave it to us, he moved away several years ago and we
understand he was killed in a car accident at some point. ;( But
once he did explain to me, or try to explain, how it worked. It
"builds" buttons on the toolbar, we saw them just appear each time we
started up Word. He showed me the "code" oncebut of course i just
glazed over. All I remember is it had to do with "command bars."
but it wasn't a new "bar" just some buttons on the old one. he did
talk about a "startup" but I thought that was just slang, is it a
foldere on the computer?. The name of the file ends in dot instead of
doc, he said that was important.

Anyway It worked fine in Word2000 and again in Word2003, so this has
us upset that we can't see the buttons anymore. sorry if i sound
dense........ i guess i am.