Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shana Shana is offline

Default Index formatting

I'm about to beging building a large index, and I'd like to know if there is
an easy way to control the formatting of the reference field text. My past
experience (with both XP and Office 2007 -- I currently use 2007), is that
the reference will be formatted in the same way as the referenced text (e.g.
Heading 2 references appear with the same Heading 2 formatting, which is
different from Heading 3 and body text formatting).

I know I can manually go into each reference and change the font formatting,
but that is a pain and very time-intensive, due to the length of my document.

Thx