Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stevie Stevie is offline

Default Large file size for word doc after adding sections/header & footer

I am creating a directory for my son's school. I used mail merge to get the
info in alpha order with phone, address, etc. That Word doc was ~300KB. Now I
am doing some formatting so that it looks good. I have added a section or
two, added headers and footers, not much more than than. Now my file size is
~3MB. HELP! What is making the file size so big? I had email addresses for
all of the parents, so I took out all of the hyperlinks, but that didn't make
much of a dent in the file size. This has happened to me before with large,
complex documents, but this is relatively simple and I'm trying to figure out
what I'm doing that makes it so big.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stevie