Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default cancel the capitalization of the first word in a line of text?

Herb has shown you how, but note that this only occurs if you press enter at
the end of a line instead of allowing Word to wrap. Pressing enter creates a
new paragraph. New paragraphs almost always begin with a capital letter.

Choosenow wrote:
When typing, the first word in a new line is automatically
capitalized. This is EXTREMELY annoying. I have to take the time to
undo almost all of those capitalizations. How do I turn this feature
of Word off?