Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Default The horizontal scroll bar - why does it keep reappearing?

Beth Melton wrote:

I believe the problem is that the horizontal scrollbar appears in
Print Preview even though you have turned it off in Tools/Options.
To duplicate, switch to Print Preview, Close and then when you change
to another view the scrollbar returns.

I just tried this. I went from my normal Print Layout screen to Print
Preview (by pressing Alt-F, Alt -V) and then back again (by pressing Esc).
The horizontal scroll bar didn't reappear. Experimentally I tried switching
to Normal View and back again - still no scroll bar. And then to Web View
and back - still no scrollbar.

So it looks as though I can't *make* it come back - it just does it when it
feels like it.

However, I might still try your macro - thanks very much for it, and the
instructions.

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk