Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jimmy Clay[_2_] Jimmy Clay[_2_] is offline

Default the "[ ]" marks

You guys are right about it being a bookmark. Everytime I do a copy, it
creates a bookmark with the name "OLE_Link" + a number. But I don't have
Excel opened. Also I disabled all my add-ins and it still does it. It seem
very odd to me.

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
As noted, what you are seeing are bookmarks. If they appear only when you
copy then usually the cause of this is an add-in. But it's not in Word,
it's in Excel. So if Excel is also running when you encounter this
behavior (which I suspect it is since you noted sometimes), in Excel click
the Microsoft Office Button, click Excel Options, and then click Add-Ins.
Note the add-ins in the Active Application Add-ins list. If you have any
for Adobe (which I know uses the Clipboard and preserves the content
first) or other add-ins that may be familiar to you, disable it to prevent
it from loading when Excel starts. To disable the add-in, use the Manage
drop down at the bottom, select the Type of add-in, and then click Go. You
should be able to deselect the add-in the dialog box that displays.

If you find an add-in to be the cause and you utilize the add-in then
unfortunately you will have to live with the bookmarks. :-(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Jimmy Clay" wrote in message
et...
In Word 2007, I've noticed I sometime get " [ ] " marks in my document. I
believe it makes them when I do a copy. What are they and can I make it
stop? Thanks.