Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard in AZ Richard in AZ is offline

Default How can I type in Vista and print in XP using a thumb drive?

It is not Vista vs. XP. You don't have the same version of the software that you created the
document.
If you are using Word 2007 in Vista, you will have to save the document in the format of an earlier
version of Word, or put Word 2007 on your XP.

"Hellhound 4" Hellhound wrote in message
I am using the Version of Windows Vista that came on my computer but i dont
have a printer. Is their a way for me to transfer my work from my computer to
a computer that runs Windows XP without losing my format. I tried using a
thumb drive but when i attempted to open the document on XP all i got were
garbled symbols.