Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Keyboard Shortcuts

On the Options tab of Tools | Customize, make sure that "Always show full
menus" is checked. If it is, and that item is still not on the menu, then it
must have been introduced in Word 2003 (though that seems odd, since the
task panes were added in Word 2002).

"Silver Fox" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Or Silver Fox has adaptive menus enabled.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message

Silver Fox wrote:

Hi Graham I followed your plan B [View on the tool bar, got the
four leafed clover type cursor] only to discover that there is no
Task Pane option in the drop down menu. Sorry for being a pest.
Silver Fox

In that case the feature must have been introduced with Word 2003. I

don't
have Word XP to check

If as Suzanne wrote : - "Or Silver Fox has adaptive menus enabled. "

and this is the reason for the missing function, how do I revert back to
the default settings please so it appears in the view drop down menu? S Fox