Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Compatibility problem

Did you actually save the documents in Word97-2003 format? The extension
alone has no relevance to the format of the file.

alexhkleung wrote:
I have encountered some compatibility problem of Word 07 with older
Word versions. This is my problem. I have saved some word files as
"doc" with Word 07 and brought them back to school however they would
not open in any computer at school. They turned to codes instead. The
computers at school were installed with Word 03 and were of same
language pack (Eng) with the one I've installed to my home computer.

Can anyone tell me what went wrong?