Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default Can't edit a Word document.

No messages?

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Serendipity" wrote in message
Using Word 2003. I copied a Word document from a CD and saved it to my
hard
drive to edit it. I was going along editing fine but then all of a sudden
couldn't do anything--couldn't highlight, couldn't change any text, etc.
Also, many of the menu options are greyed out. The document is not
read-only
unless there is a setting that I don't know about. I saved it again from
the
CD, and I couldn't edit it. I saved it to another computer, and I can't
edit
that document either. I think this file was created in Word 97. What is
going
on?

Thanks for your help.