sf

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:05:03 -0000, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

It probably wasn't a good idea to post your e-mail address to a newsgroup -
unless you like spam

I went back to Google Groups and "subscribed" this time
instead of just posting, but it looks like all they do is
add a nickname in front of my email... it's not working the
way they claim, that's for sure.

from Help:
Is my email address visible on the web when I post to a
group?

When your message is posted to a group, Google Groups masks
your email address on the web to prevent automated computer
programs from harvesting it for spamming purposes. If,
however, you send out your post via email or to Usenet, your
email address will be visible to anyone who receives it.

###I have absolutely NO idea what that last sentence means.
So if anyone has a clue, clue me in please!