Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Local version of Excel file used for mail merge in Word 07 on Vista ?

I've seen the general kind of thing you are talking about on Word 2007 (I
don't think Vista is the problem here) but not when I create a new .xlsx,
put it on a network drive, and use it as a data source using the default
connection method (OLE DB). So I wondered...
a. are you working with an existing .doc and .xls from an earlier version
of Word or
b. are you working with completely new .docx and .xlsx files from Office
2007 (and if not, and you experiment using that, do you see the problem?)
c. some other combinaiton of .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx etc.?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Ciegalo" wrote in message
ups.com...
Dear All,
We have been using an Excel file as datbase for document merging for a
couple years. Everything worked fine until I received a brand new
Office 07/Win Vista machine.

Now mailmerging works, but it does not seem to fetch the data from the
same file as the one I see when I open Excel. ie I add lines in Excel
and save the document, but Word does not see them.

I had that sort of troubles with ini files ni Program Files Directory,
but I don't see why Vista would make a local copy of a file stored on
the network.

Any idea / hint ? Thanks in advance !

BR,
Damien