Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default How to retain document formatting when importing text?

I have the Paste Unformatted Text command permanatently on my toolbar. Via
Customise Toolbars, Commands, Edit.

"Cars" wrote:

Is there a way to change Word's preferences to ALWAYS paste unformatted?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Edit paste special unformatted text!
or use the following macro

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo Oops
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText, Placement:= _
wdInLine
End
Oops:
Beep
End Sub

Cars wrote:
I am preparing a document that involves lots of copy and pasting from
different sources. Since these sources are formatted in different
ways, I'm wondering if there is a way to automatically convert
imported (pasted) text to the style and format of the new document
I'm working on.

For example: my main document needs to be formatted in Times; the
material I'm pasting is in Ariel. How can I get Word to convert the
text to Times automatically when I paste it in the document? As it
is now, it stays in Ariel, and I have to convert each new entry
automatically..

any suggestions?