Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed from AZ Ed from AZ is offline

Default Military Classification in a Word Header and Footer

Wow, Greg! That's so much easier than my macro idea! Sweet!

Ed

On Nov 14, 2:38 pm, "Greg Maxey" wrote:
Larry,

As a retired Naval Officer and former XO, I too longed for this type of
automation. With the assistance of fellow MVP Peter Jamieson this is as
close as I came:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Conditiona...rs_Footers.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tips.htm

"Larry Eamigh" wrote in message

For years, we have been waiting for Microsoft Word to mature enough to
handle
government (military) classified documents. The security requirements
require each paragraph (style) and paragraph be marked with the
classification (e.g., (C) for confidential, (S) for secret, etc.). Then
for
each page within a document, the highest classification for each page must
be
captured in both the Header and Footer (e.g., CONFIDENTIAL, SECRET, etc).

This has always required each page to be created with separate section
breaks in order to change the contents of the Header/Footer. We all know
what happens when you add a few paragraphs to a page. Everything moves
down,
causing the section breaks from that point on to require re-positioning.

Has anyone ever created any software (macro, etc) that can handle this
problem automatically. There are hundreds of thousands of documents
within
the US Government alone that would benefit tremendously, as would the
editors
and proof-readers.
--
Larry Eamigh