Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Changing default tab spacing in Word

You can change the tab interval in a specific document, as you have found,
but there's no Default... button for this, so you need to actually modify
Normal.dot to do this (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm for instructions on
finding and editing Normal.dot). Or you could just set the tabs you need in
the appropriate styles.

"Jolson46" wrote in message
news
Hello,

I've noticed that the default tabs setting in Word is 0.5 in, which I

almost
always have to change to 0.25 because I prefer it smaller. Is there any

way
to permanently change this default so I don't have to do it in every

document
individually?

Thanks!
Jen