Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How to show macro names in Word 2007

The short answer to your question is no. What you see is what you get.
You could modify the ribbon (with the aid of a third party application such
as http://ribboncustomizer.com/ ) or you could press ALT+F8 to display the
macro list. That dialog can be added to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar). If
you still have access to Word 2003, see
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm

Anthony Giorgianni wrote:
I just got Word 2007 and added my mcros to that quick toolbar thing,
whatever it's called. But I only see the symbol, not the macro name
unless I hover.. Is there a way to see the label without having to
hover my cursor over it? Otherwise I have lots of symbols that don't
mean anything. Also, is there a way to customize a symbol, like in
former Word versions?
Thanks
Anthony Giorgianni

For everyone's benefit, please post back to the newsgroup. Replay
address is fictitious.