Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default how do i set the large doc to open at the spot I last worked o

That is correct. I works in Word 2007 for .doc format documents, but not for
the new .docx format.

It is possible to accomplish the objective in Word 2007 by using a
combination of AutoClose and AutoOpen macros. The AutoClose macro would save
the last location when the document is closed, and the AutoOpen macro would
retrieve the last location when the document is opened. I'd be surprised if
someone doesn't have just such macros already written. If they don't
volunteer them here, you might ask for guidance in one of the word.vba
newsgroups.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"TheDr" wrote in message
Unfortunately I am using Word 2007 and Vista (Let's not start that
discussion)- and youre right it doesnt work, but thank you for the tip;
it
seems to work on documents sent to me by others using Word 2003. I am
grateful for your time.

Big Hug,
Richard

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you are using Word 2003 or earlier, you can press Shift+F5 to return
the last edit point. Unfortunately, this doesn't work in Word 2007. Word
has
never automatically opened at the last edit point. It may well be that
WordPerfect does, or you might be thinking of Excel, which also does.

"TheDr" wrote in message
I work with very large documents, and find it cumbersome to search for
the
spot I was working on when I last closed the document. Older versions
of
Office products did this automatically...... or was that word perfect?