Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
elk elk is offline

Default funky blank box after 'print' command

I wish I could attach a screen shot of this box. It is a small box, it says
"Microsoft Office Word" in the title bar, with a red "X" and "help" question
mark in the upper right hand corner, a blank area in which I can type, and
"OK" and "Cancel" buttons in the lower right corner. That's all there is. I
am working with a large mail merge document, and this box appears around the
same time that Word insists on repagination after I click "OK" to begin
printing any part of the document.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Do you mean a { PRINT } field or do you mean after you initiate the merge ?
If it's a PRINT field, can you tell us what is in it? Is the "odd little
box" a dialog box or what? e.g. does it have a close button in the top right
corner, a title etc.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"elk" wrote in message
After a print command in a big merged document, I get this odd little box
that is completely blank but won't go away unless I click "ok" about four
times. What is it, what does it want, how can I make it go away?