Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Mailmerge and Hyperlinks

Insert a Hyperlink into the merge document to give you the Web Address
tooltip, which I am pretty sure is not configurable from the fields. Toggle
the hyperlink field (ALT+F9) and replace the web address with the Mergefield
that contains the web address. Update the field and toggle the display back
again. You should then be able to merge to a new document as previously
suggested.

ProS wrote:
Thank you for your response, unfortunately it doesn't work for my
purpose.

For example, if I want to automatically direct someone to the hompage
of a website, andn someone else in the mailing list to the downloads
section, and I know where I want each person to be directed to then I
would (theoretically) do a version of your advice:

{Hyperlink "{WebAddress Mergefield(homepage) }"} (person a)

{Hyperlink "{WebAddress Mergefield(downlaods) }"} (person b)

My problem is that when I add the mergefield to the hyperlink either:
It is no longer a hyperlink, it is just text
or the hyperlinked text works but not with the addition of the
mergefield text
or it states that that website doesn't exist

(Do you possibly have any further advice/experience with this?)