Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nats lee carter nats lee carter is offline

Default mail merge to email

I am struggling here, if I do not insert a field in the document linking to
the email address then how does it know which email address etc.???
confused, sorry........

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You don't insert it in the document, but it must be available from the data
source for each record. You select the field that contains the address in
the additional dialog when you merge to e-mail.

nats lee carter wrote:
where do I insert the email address on the merge doc? wont that look
messy?

"Beth Melton" wrote:

You need to create the merge again and specify "E-Mail Messages" as
your main document type. Then when you perform the merge an email
for each record will be created and sent.

Note that you also need each email address in your Excel datasource.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"nats lee carter" wrote in message
I want to mailmerge to email ????????????? from excel datasource
to word into letters then to email? ( I did post before but could
not find the post??) currently I mail merge then print the letters
out and send by post
BUT now I need to email instead and dont know what to do???? there
are 40 letters in one merged doc so how do I get them into email???