Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AndrewJ AndrewJ is offline

Default Rogue 'Save Changes' prompt in Word

Thanks for the reply.

BTW, the only reason I mentioned OpenOffice was that it has the option of
turning this feature off and I wondered whether or not Word also had that
feature, so it was relevant in that sense.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If you print a document an internal flag is updated to record the last print
date in the document properties. This shows as a change that requires
saving. How Open Office does things is irrelevant.

AndrewJ wrote:
When I open Word documents simply to print them, when I go to close
them again I get prompted as to whether I want to save any changes,
even though I haven't made any.

Why does Word do this (when, say, OpenOffice Writer doesn't)? Is
there a way to turn this off? It's very frustrating when you have
loads of documents...