Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default my own word templates

I'm not sure what you mean by "bring up the choices on the template dialog."
Are you talking about the Templates dialog (also called New when accessed
more conventionally) that you get when you click on "On my computer" in the
New Document task pane? If so, it should be on the General tab unless you
put it in a subfolder (in which case it should be on the tab that represents
that subfolder. Does your template have a .dot extension?

"imat" wrote in message
i did that , but when i bring up the choices on the template dialog, it
does
not show that. how do i make it a choice?
thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the File Locations tab of Tools | Options, note the path for User
Templates. That's where it should go. Alternatively, search in Windows
for
Normal.dot (being sure to include hidden and system files and folders in
the
search) and put it in the same folder.

"imat" wrote in message
i just got a new computer and installed my old word 2003 on it. i had a
template that was created for me on the old computer. i have the
template
.dot file. where and how do i store it so when i open a new document
that
comes up as one of the choices for templates?
thanks