Jerry Vail

Default Cannot Open Equations in MS Equation 2.0

Using Word 2000 I converted several WordPerfect documents that contained
equations in Corel Equation Editor 2.0. I was able to open and edit the
equations in the finished Word 2000 document. Since that time I upgraded to
Word 2002. I now cannot open, edit, or convert the equations in the
previously prepared documents. When I try to open or convert, Word returns
the message: The server application source file or item cannot be found."
Right clicking identifies the object type as Microsoft Equation 2.0.

Same result using Word 2003. I can open and edit the equations in Word
2000, although I apparently can't convert them to MS Equation 3.0, which I
would need to edit in Word 2002.

If it were just a few equations I could re-enter. However, I have over 100.
If anyone knows how I can edit or convert it would be a big help.