Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
TerryTutor TerryTutor is offline

Default table identifier

Thanks Suzanne. I am using Word 2007 - putting in a table of figures. I
clicked on the options to see what was there. From what I have found out so
far, the table indentifier enables the user to set a table identifier code,
which Word uses to identify that table of figures... so the A, B, C, refers
to different field switches in this context?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you're using table entry (TC) fields, you can include an \f switch in the
field that specifies which TOC the entries go in. The default for the TOF
(which is just a specific kind of TOC) is F. The Help topic "Field codes:
TOC (Table of Contents) field" lists all these switches.

"TerryTutor" wrote in message
When creating a table of figures, under the options button, there is a
choice
for "Table Identifier" that alphabetically lists from A to Z. Does
anybody
know what this is for? Default for me is F for some reason, but
regardless
of what I choose, I see no difference.