Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default any way to display custom quick parts before built ins in a ga

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote in message
Hi Stefan and Tony,

It appears that the guids are from \glossary\document.xml in the
structure of the Building Block templates. Presumably, with a
little work (VBA?) Autotext/DocumentParts could be extracted from one file
and written to another by manipulating the XML?

Well, I'm sure someone could do it... :-)

Personally, I'm not at all familiar with XML, though.

The 'Autotext' listing for keyboard shortcuts to more than just the
AutoText category is from the QuickParts area being populated
the first time either QuickParts or one of the QuickPart galleries after
starting Word (Building blocks don't load as part of Word
startup).

Good point. When thinking about it, I realize that this is similar to how
styles behave in the Customize Keyboard dialog box. In a new document, only
a short list of styles is visible in the dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

=========