Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mayra Mayra is offline

Default working in a pre-formatted document

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! You made my day. It's so much easier
when you know where to look. Thanks a bunch!!!

Mayra

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You are describing a protected form. In Word 2007, click the Developer
ribbon tab, and use the Legacy Tools button (in the Controls group) to
create form fields; you'll find them under "Legacy Forms." And use Protect
Document | Restrict Editing and Formatting to display a task pane similar to
the Protect Document task pane of Word 2003.

Note 1: If you can't see the Developer tab do the following to create forms:
Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Popular
category, click "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon," and click OK.

Note 2: If you have created a forms template in a previous version of Word,
you can still make use of it in Word 2007.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mayra" wrote in message
I have a paper that I in the computer that periodically I need to fill out
with different information each time. I have it pre-formatted. In 2003 I
was able to insert the little "block" or "icon" where I needed the text to
go
and then I would protect it and that was it. When I needed it I would
just
"tab" from line to line where I needed the new info.

Now, in 2007, I can't find that little "icon" or "block" can someone
please
point it out or tell me of an easier way to fill-out forms I have
pre-formatted.

Thanks a bunch!!!