Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeramie Jeramie is offline

Default Word 2007 Windows Switch Delay (Mystery solved!)

Thank you Herb. Perfect example of why this forum remains a valuable resource.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

I've solved the problem here, at least. It turns out that it was being
caused by the Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin in my case. When I removed
the check next to it, Word instantly sped up when switching document windows
(as well as when doing a number of other operations).

Best of all, removing it doesn't interfere with how I use Adobe Acrobat
Professional 7 in Word, since I always print to the .pdf printer driver to
create .pdf files (I could also use Word's capability, but I find that
Acrobat's versions are smaller).

If you have Acrobat (standard or pro), try unchecking it in the add-ins
manager:

Office Word Options Add-ins. At the bottom of the window, set Manage to
COM Add-ins, and click Go.

If it's not that particular add-in that's causing you grief, then try
selectively disabling others to see if unchecking one or more gets rid of
your delay.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
I experience the identical problem -- in Vista as well as in XP/SP2. I have
searched for, but have not yet found a solution. I'm hoping it's a
performance issue that will be fixed in Office 2007 SP1. (I'm currently
using 2GB of memory, but I plan to expand to 4GB soon. I'll post back if
doing that solves the problem.)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"DXJAGUAR" wrote in message
When I switch between 2 Word windows or between Word and other
application
windows my CPU gets on 100% (cursor changes to hourglass) and I have to
wait
several seconds to be able to continue to work. Size of the document
doesn't
matter. You can have documents with 2 words or 20 pages. There is no
difference in response. I am running XP Service Pack 2. It doesn't
matter
if I have Virusscan on or not. And yes, my system is fairly new and
powerful
enough to handle even the most demanding new games. Does anyone else
have
the same problem? Is there a solution? Any help would be greatly
appreciated!