Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default layout control problem

Turn off "automatically update" in the style definitions as described in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm .

no Spam wrote:

Hi all,

Microsoft office XP (2002) (10.6835.6830) SP3
Windows XP home fully patched.

a problem has just stared with Word

formatting I apply to one line are being applied to all lines in the
document.

Example.

I type 4 lines with returns (not shift returns or control returns),
Normal style is selected.

If I go to the first line to centre it then all lines following are
centred.

If I apply a bold setting to a line all the lines are made bold.

I don't know if my wife or I have accidentally tweaked something but
any help would be appreciated.

Thanks