Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Algelina Algelina is offline

Default Sort a MS Word table in two different ways

Yes, I was able to do that also. But I would like to create a macro
that will do that. How can I create a macro that will do that?

Thanks

On Jan 25, 2:38 am, "Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com
wrote:
You don't need to split the table to do this.After sorting on A,B,X,etc.
just select the A rows and sort again on the second column; then select the
B rows and sort those, etc.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in l...

I've just done something rather like this, as it happens. What I would
suggest would be first sorting the table into A and B, then temporarily
splitting the table between A and B and sorting each separately as needed,
then rejoining the table.

"Algelina" wrote in message
Hi !!

I am trying to figure out how to do some fancy sorting using macros in
MS WORD.

I have a table with exactly 10 rows with a "Team" column of A
and more rows with a "Team" column of B
and more rows with a "Team column of X

I would like to sort this table using macros so that:

Rows with Team A are sorted by grade then name
Rows with Team B are sorted only by name

I hope to take this sorted info and put it into a mail merged roster
file.

Any ideas? Please be gentle with me, I am new to macros.

AL