Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Richard[_2_] Richard[_2_] is offline

Default Enabling WORD97 SP2 on WindowsXP SP2 to open HTML document without a fault message

I've got WindowsXP SP2 and running WORD97 SP2 on it. I can save my text
documents as HTML, but there is a problem when I come to open up my
WORD-saved HTML document. I can open the HTML document, however there are
some few things I cannot do under the Table Menu. There is a section of
three things on the Table Menu that don't work: Table Properties; Cell
Properties and Borders... . They are *not* greyed-out by the way when I
highlght my table. The Web Page Preview does not work either.

There is an issue with installing WORD 97 on XP. When installing Office 97
Pro, you get the message: "htmlmarq.ocx was unable to register itself in the
system registry." The apparant solution to this is to go into registry and
rename both htmlmarq.ocx & htmlmm.ocx. Okay, well I done that, then
reinstalled Office97 Pro. But when I open up my HTML document I still get
the message:" The windows registry has reported that one or more required
files are damaged or missing. to correct the problem run the Word setup
program."

I have both htmlmarq.ocx and htmlmm.ocx on my PC. htmlmm.ocx in File
Properties was associated with (Open With) Word97. htmlmarq.ocx was
originally as "Unknown Application", but I have set this file to be
associated with Word97 also. Just seemed the thing to do.

I have even undone the name changes made to htmlmarq.ocx and htmlmm.ocx in
the registry after installing Office97, but that has not changed anything.

The main thing for me is having the bility to change the borders of tables
in my HTML documents, but I cannot do that at present.

When I installed Office97 I installed everything.

Anyone know what's wrong or what I can do to psych out the problem? TIA.