Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aschvetahata Aschvetahata is offline

Default Indexing a large document

We have a multi-volume reference work that we wish to index. This
multi-volume set will be more than 6,000 pages long. Could one of you help us
with the following questions:
1. Does Word 2003 or 2007 have a document length limitation? Our final
document will be between 6 and 7,000 pages long.
2. The final product will have a series of merged documents. Can Word
perform a post-merge index update?
3. Last and most importantly - should we even use Word's indexing feature on
such a large project or instead use a third-party program?