Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Skip Numbering Command

Which command are you referring to, exactly? I assumed you meant the radio
button in the Set Numbering Value dialog box, which you can open by
right-clicking a numbered list and choosing Set Numbering Value from the
context menu.

Note that if you are trying to "turn off" numbering, pressing Ctrl+Shift+N
(to reapply the Normal style) should do the trick.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Paul Gauci" wrote in message
I have tried ti use the Skip Numbering icon but it simply does not
function.
--
Paul Gauci

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

When you "skíp numbers" in the Set Numbering Value dialog box, Word just
seems to insert the number of paragraphs so that the specified number is
displayed at the insertion point. It does seem a bit strange, but I think
this is the way it is supposed to work. Read also the following from Word
Help:

*********************
Advance the numbering manually in a list
Certain numbered lists - for example, legal lists - require the ability
change a number manually and for Word to correctly change the numbers
that
follow. You can use the Set Numbering Value option to change a number
manually while Word renumbers the list that follows.

1. Right-click the number in the list that you want to change.
2. Click Set Numbering Value and then do one of the following:
a. Click Start new list and change the value of the selected number
in
the Set value to box.
b. Click Continue from previous list, select the Advance value (skip
numbers) check box, and then change the value of the selected number in
the
Set value to box that corresponds to the level of the number that you
selected.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Paul Gauci" wrote in message
How can one make the Word 2007 'Skip Numbering' command work please?

--
Paul Gauci