Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Serendipity Serendipity is offline

Default Footer only on last page/last post

Update to last post: After I printed it, there it was. What happened? Also,
what is the patch switch and where does it go?

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

"Serendipity" wrote:

Using Word 2003. I am trying to put a footer only on my last page--or a
different footer on my last page. I put a continuous section break at the
very end of my document. It shows up in the document but when I click the "go
to next section" button in the footer, there is only sec 1. I want to have
page numbers on all the pages but a page number and file name in the footer
of only the last page.

You do not need a section break for that... An IF field will do:
{IF {PAGE}={NUMPAGES} "{FILENAME}" ""}
If you do this manually, make sure to insert all {} pairs by doing CTRL-F9.
The IF field translates as:
{IF {Current Page Number} = {Total Number of Pages in Document} then
"{Insert Filename}" otherwise "insert nothing"}