Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default clarification on "How to rotate a table" posting

Format | Text Direction in a given cell.

"Julie" wrote in message
I have another questions rotating text. I have many columns in one
table
and would like my headers (titles for each column) to run
vertical/diagonally
so that I can read them. The columns areas ('boxes') below just need to
be
wide enough for an "X" to be placed in them. I'm hoping you understand
this
request.
--
Julie

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can't turn the table itself, no, but you can certainly change the
page
orientation for just that page; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm

"Michele" wrote in message
I'm just making sure that I'm not missing something here. Using MS
Word
2003, if I have a portrait layout, I can't turn my table to make better
use
of my current layout. However, I can recreate the table and rotate the
text
so that my appearance would be close to my requirements. The portrait
layout
is a requirement for my delivery.

I currently have this page as a picture but would prefer it to be a
table
so
that the data is searchable when a .pdf is created.

--
Michele