View Single Post
  #12   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
external usenet poster

Default Did they fix the PDF function

Hi M.J.,

Other than you, no one here has tried to defend anything.

Folks here were trying to ascertain how to reproduce the issue. You provided only a link to a one paragraph advisory.

Folks here have tried to duplicate the issue using only MS Word 2007 and only MS Word 2007's Save as PDF Add-in with the vary
general information you provided. You were asked if you have a document or specific steps folks can try to use to replicate the
problems using only MS Word 2007. There are some issues with saving as PDF with the MS Add-in related to equation and other graphic
objects, so all folks here were trying to do is put together some details to be able to forward on to MS for them to have something
to look at. MS doesn't have an add-in for earlier versions of Word that produces PDF files.

If it's the Adobe brand PDF creation add-in product then that would seem to be the product team to be approached. How their add-in
performs in Word 2007 is of interest, but beyond what MS can address in their product, other than to pass that along to Adobe.

Table of Contents in Word are created using the {TOC} field, which is what the details in the prior message showed. Most of the
documents did create the TOC from Heading Styles.

============
"MJ Schaer" wrote in message ...
You know what? You're defending a broken product. Are you trying to tell an entire student body that they have to change their
method of making hyperlinks? Theses and dissertations have headings that, when properly formatted, will make automatic heading
styles. I don't know how those papers you gave as examples were formatted! I gave you the steps. Enough said. It's broken!

I'm done!
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*