Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Saving page layouts as part of a template.

How are you using the template? The idea is that you create new documents
from a template. It sounds as though you are attaching the template to
existing documents. That isn't going to work!

Zynk" nancy.wood.b@bayer wrote:
I'm using Word 2003. I would like to save my margins and some basic
text as a part of a Word template. When I save the doc as a
template, the styles are saved just fine. However, any text I had in
the doc does not become part of the template. In addition, I find
that margins in a new doc always show up as the Word defaults. What
am I missing?