Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter A Peter A is offline

Default HTML-like anchors in word

In article ,
says...

Hi everyone,

Here is my situation: I want to define a spot in a word document that
will not show up as an element on the page, but which I will be able to
refer back to, specifically by referencing its page number. It would be
like using the name attribute of the a tag in HTML in order to link to
a specific spot on a web page.

Here is an example (~~~ means a page boundary):

TITLE

Writing yadda yadda.

~~~

This is the second page [INVISIBLE ELEMENT 1]

~~~

To read about the second page turn to page [INVISIBLE ELEMENT 1'S PAGE
NUMBER]

I could do this by hand, but I want something that will update
automatically if the element gets pushed off of the original page its
on.

So what's the best way to attack this? All help is much appreciated!

EDIT: I'm using Office 2004 on Mac OS X.

Define a bookmark at the desired location and then use a cross-reference
to the bookmark's page number.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers