Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Outline numbering glitch

It seems as if the previous level numbers and the current level number have
been reversed for level 3. In the Customize Outline Numbered List dialog
box, delete the contents of the "Number format" box for level 3. Then
reinsert numbers in the correct order, using the list for previous numbering
levels as well as the "Number style" for the current level number. Type in
the periods. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Wallace" wrote in message
OK, I have read Shaua's outline numbering piece numerous times, and I have
carefully reviewed my Word 2003 Heading 1 settings to make sure they
follow
her directions. But I still get this
Chapter 1.
1.1.
Chapter 2.
2.1.
1.2.1.
1.2.1.1.
When I want this
Chapter 1.
1.1.
Chapter 2.
2.1.
2.1.1.
2.1.1.1.

I know this has something to do with renumbering after level 2 but I'm not
sure what. Maybe one of you can help. Thanks.

--
Wallace