Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default troublesome line in word documents

Seems as if you have Track Changes turned on? Accept all changes and then
turn off the tracking. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bart" wrote in message

If you use a template in Word sometimes you'll notice a line (is it a
border, this seems unclear to me?) on the left side of your page before a
piece of text or one or more lines of text. this border can sometimes be
eliminated by accepting changes ( if you had any) or be deleting a line
and
retyping it ( doesn't look to be very productive to me ) it seems
undeletable
( I changed the format - shades and borders -none but this doesn't help,
also
changing the setings in 'show' can't remove it. only if I carefully copy
the
text into a nex document I can get rid of this thing. but this is far
from
productive working. so the question is : what's that line, what's it for,
what's it doing there, how come it sometimes changes whitout any change
done
to the document and how to remove it

thanks in advance !