Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Selection Won't Delete

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:51:01 -0700, Ling wrote:

When I select something and hit backspace the text/pictures won't delete, or
when I select and try and paste something there it should auto delete, but it
doesn't.

I've been having this problem for a while, I believe I hit a combo of keys
accidentally that activated this. I've never had this problem before, and
couldn't seem to find an answer in the shortcut descriptions.

In Tools Options General, check the option "Typing replaces selection".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman