Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Switch for Telephone number

Adding the following formatting switch to the field will display the numbers
in that way

\# "(###) ###-####"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"KarenMike" wrote in message
I am trying to do a mail merge with an access 2003 query. The table is set
so
my tel. numbers are stored and displayed as (xxx)xxx-xxxx. When I merge it
with a word doc, the number is displayed as xxxxxxxxxx. I have reviewed
the
recommended document "www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields" as
recommended
in previous postings, but it does not address telephone numbers.
--
Karen K