Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Hope you see this one...

I actually work and live nearly in the shadow of Windsor Castle!
I understand about Stonehenge, I took the chilkdren there last year and they
were totally under-impressed, shame. I'll take them again when they are
older. The boys do enjoy going round Windsor Castle though. My little girl is
still too young really to know what is going on. I worked in Edinburgh for
two years some time back and have great memories, lovely city.
Glad you had a good time.
All the best
DeanH

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Our last full day there was Sunday. It was *glorious*--a shame we spent so
much of it inside: at church, in the car, in the State Apartments at Windsor
Castle. But we did enjoy walking around Windsor, across the footbridge to
Eton, etc., and got lots of good pictures. It was balmy when we got in the
car at 5:30 Monday morning to leave for Gatwick.

We also had a very nice day in Dover last Thursday but regrettably spent an
hour or so of the best of it underground, in the Secret Wartime Tunnels.
Again, though, the photos taken outside had blue sky and fluffy
clouds--quite a contrast to our gloomy photos of Trafalgar Square (and
London generally) the previous Saturday and everything in York, Edinburgh,
Oxford, etc. At least it wasn't *actually* raining when we were climbing up
to Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh. The absolute worst was at Stonehenge--biting
cold, pelting rain, and gale-force winds--which did nothing to allay our
general disappointment over Stonehenge itself (apparently a typical tourist
reaction, though we would doubtless have been more charitably inclined on a
milder summer day).

It is steamy here now, making us rather nostalgic about the bracing weather
we left behind.

"DeanH" wrote in message
I hope you got the two days when the weather was - OK.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Well, I actually just got back from "across the pond." g

"DeanH" wrote in message
If only that were the case! :-)
Considering how much I have gleaned from Ms Barnhill's gems over the
years,
just imagine what can be learnt from a personal appearance!
Alas, being "across the pond", the chances are as likely as everyone
knowing
what the Pilcrow represents! g
All the best
DeanH
ps. Also thanks for your 'modest' contribution as well.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

I thought maybe Suzanne had logged in on someone else's computer. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"DeanH" wrote in message
Sorry, this is DeanH, I forgot to top'n'tail the copy of Suzanne's
message
with the explanation so hopefully the OP will see this message this
time.
Apologies for any offence caused.
DeanH

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Suzanne - did you change your name to Dean H?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"DeanH" wrote in message
You won't see them in Word's File Open and Save dialogs if you
have
the
file
type set to All Word Documents rather than All Files. I don't
think
you
can
hide them in Windows Explorer (except perhaps by hiding Hidden
and
System
files, though I think that affects just the temp files).

"tflapp" wrote:

i asked a question before about how to hide backup files.
someone
posted
reply but when i went to open it, i got a blank page (and it
said
"done").
another blank pagea when i clicked on trying to reask my
question.
what
gives???