Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jreish jreish is offline

Default Why can't I close all docs in Word07 while leaving the program ope

Hi all, in previous versions of Word, one could close a Word document while
leaving the program open (an "x" box in the upper right for the document,
separate from the one for the program). In Word07 there is no such "x" box.
Yes, I can go to the Office button and then click "Close", but that's a pain
-- extra navigating and clicks. In Excel and PowerPoint you can still click
an "x" to close the only file open while leaving the program open, and in
previous versions of Word you could as well. Why this change to only one
program in a suite?

Thanks.