Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to import EPS file?

Hi Bill,

How EPS graphics behave when imported into Word can depend on
- your settings for viewing pictures,
- the version of the EPS Import filter (EPSImp32.flt) that is installed (or if it's installed),
- or what app generated the EPS graphic and the Postscript language level it used.

In Tools=Options=View turn off 'Picture Placeholders'

In Tools=Options=General turn on 'Confirm Conversions on open'
and then use File=Open on a non Word document (you can cancel when you get the confirmation dialog). Doing that will sometimes
cause Word to reread the installed filters folder.

How were the EPS files generated.

==============
"Bill-Hayward" wrote in message news How can I import an EPS file, into Word 2002, Windows XP?

When I try, using Insert - Picture - From File, then choose the file, it
shows nothing on the screen, no text, no picture. If I click on the area, it
does show a box, but there is no picture or text in the box.

I've tried importing different EPS files and get the same problem.

Is there a way to tell if the import filters (or whatever it uses) are
installed correctly?

I have done the instructions in KnowledgeBase article 290362, to Install a
non-installed Graphics Filter, but I can't tell if it did anything, if it
actually installed the converters/filters correctly.
(Change Programs-Add Features-Converters-Graphic Filters)

Can an expert help me insert/import an eps file?

Thank you,
Bill
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)