Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default How can I use outline headings as the fields for a Mail Merge?

That cannot be done directly with mail merge. It should however be possible
to use a macro to either create a data source that contained the headings or
transferred them directly to a label type template.

How many levels of headings are involved? Do they have to appear on the
labels in the order in which they appear in the document, or, assuming that
there are multiple levels, could all of the Heading 1's appear on the labels
together, followed by all of the Heading 2's etc.?
Are the heading numbers required to appear on the labels as well, or just
the text of the heading?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"hueffmea" wrote in message
I receive documents with outline formating, and I want to make labels out
of
the headings. How can I do that with a mail merge?