Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default How can I find specific documents by using the content?

Have to be honest with you - I don't run into that situation too often
because I try to search for a word that *won't* be found in large numbers of
documents.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"The Translator" The wrote in message
news
Thank you. That works. However, when the search produces a large number
of
occurrences, is there a way to have preview of the document to identify
quickly which document (Word 97 was great for that).

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Windows Explorer

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"The Translator" The Translator @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in
message ...
I have a large number of Word documents in a folder that are named
according
to job number. I sometimes need to refer to an older document but
can't
find
them in Word or PowerPoint 2007. In the 1997 and 2003 versions, it was
easy
by using "Advanced search" in the "Open document" window, but I can't
find
similar feature in the 2007 version. This is costing me valuable time.