Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How to use a picture as a back for a Word doc for an invitation

Format the picture as Behind Text. If you have Word 2002 or above, you
could have used Format | Background | Printed Watermark to insert the
picture; for earlier versions, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211324

"amemc" wrote in message
I have a pciture that I would like to set as the backdrop for an invitation
and be able to type the text of the invitation over top of the picture.
have inserted the picture into the Word document, but cannot figure out
how
to set the pciture as the background. I have tried using the Format-
Background commands but that does not work. I have tried just dragging
the
picture to fill the document but I still have margins and cannot get the
pciture to be centered. I know there is a better way to do this because
someone has helped me do so before, but I just don't rememeber. Hoping
someone can help me out.