Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default When using normal template, how do I stop automatic heading style

Turn off the "Built-in Heading styles" and "Define styles based on your
formatting" options in the AutoCorrect dialog box (AutoFormat As You Type
tab).

To display the dialog box:

- Tools | AutoCorrect Options (Word 2003).

- Office button | Word Options, Proofing category, click the AutoCorrect
Options button (Word 2007).

In fact you may want to turn off most of the options under "Apply as you
type" and "Automatically as you type"; see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Chr1s23" wrote in message
When using normal template, if I press return twice or more it changes the
line I have just entered into a heading. How can I stop this please?